You will only have to read through this process a few times before it becomes second nature.
- Imagine a ball between your hands. The ball can be as big or small as you like.
- Close their eyes and ask for the energy of positivity to come into your ball. Youcan repeat this two or three times.
- Identify your emotion, is it sadness, fear, anger, anxiousness? Then say out aloud “please remove the energy of (the emotion) from my body and into my ball”. Ask the child to run the ball from their toes all the way up to their head. Your child can repeat this step as many times as takes for them to feel like the emotion has left their body.
- Once your child is happy the emotion has gone from their body, tell them to throw the ball into the sky. Throw it up really hard so all the negative emotion (energy) is gone into the sky.
- Once they have thrown their negative emotion into the sky, ask your child which positive emotion they would like to replace it with. You can be suggestive if they need some guidance.
- Once they resonate with an emotion, for example joy, simply ask them to imagine another ball between their hands and say “please bring the energy of joy into my ball”. Again, they can say this as many times as feels right for them.
- Once your child has filled their ball with joy, ask them to put the ball over their head, like a helmet, and imagine the energy of joy filling up their body. They can count to ten if they like.
- Ask your child how they are feeling and if there is any other negative emotion they would like to get clear out of their body. If they are happy, they are ready to start to start the school day.
I have taught many families the Minute Mindset Reset technique and it works wonders! I use this technique with my three children every day. We may clear as little as one emotion or as many and three emotions in one go. Exam time is great to use the Minute Mindset Reset technique.
The Minute Mindset Reset is not only for children, adults can use this too – it’s great when you’re feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. Go through the above steps until you feel like you are in a better space.